- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
Free Wi-Fi service is expected to begin aboard some JetBlue flights early next year. And it’s not just a short-term promotion. According to a recent JetBlue Blog entry,
Robin Hayes, our Chief Commercial Officer, announced yesterday at the Low Cost Carrier conference in London that our intention is to launch our first Wi-Fi enabled aircraft in early 2013 and that we will have a free basic Wi-Fi service to start.
And it’s not just free, it’s fast. According to article above, the satellite launched to provide the service will offer speeds up to 8 times faster than anything available today.
No word on how long the free Wi-Fi will continue.