- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
According to WWSB-TV in Sarasota, Florida, the U.S. Postal Service is having a tough time keeping cars in their parking lots and out of their offices.
Their have been so many cars busting through their walls this year – 8 in Central Florida alone – the USPS has issued some helpful driving tips. Might want to print out the following list and tape it to your dashboard…
• Avoid distracted driving.
• Proceed slowly and carefully when pulling in, and backing out, of parking spaces
• Visibly check to see whether your foot is on the gas pedal or the brake pedal
• Visibly check to see if the vehicle is in Park, Reverse or Drive
While the advice above may seem a bit basic, you can understand why they’re offering it. Of the eight central Florida accidents this year, five were from hitting the gas pedal instead of the brake. One was due to confusing forward and reverse. Another was from forgetting to hit the brakes entirely. The final one reads, “Customer said she was startled by something falling from the sky and accelerated into the post office lobby.”
Hey, who hasn’t done that?