- The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods for Renters
- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
Another day, another salmonella warning. Last week we warned about mangoes, and over the weekend the Food and Drug Administration issued another warning.
The FDA now says to avoid Trader Joe’s Valencia Creamy Salted Peanut Butter (SKU code: 97111) and take any jars you have back to the grocery store for a refund. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warn “29 people [have been] infected with the outbreak strain of Salmonella Bredeney from 18 states.”
The product is being removed from Trade Joe’s shelves – that’s the only nationwide brick-and-mortar store that sells it, but it’s also sold online. Know somebody who bought some? The FDA’s advice:
Consumers who show any signs of illness from salmonellosis [such as diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps] should consult their health care provider. The FDA encourages consumers with questions about food safety to call 1-888-SAFEFOOD or consult the fda.gov website.