- 10 Strategies to Retire Earlier Than Your Friends on the Same Salary
- 8 Easy Ways to Save on Your Next Football Party
- The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods for Renters
- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in October
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
The Huffington Post says milk prices could top $6 a gallon next year, thanks to a recently expired farm bill that Congress neglected to act on…
The Farm Bill currently regulates the price of milk. Without the bill, milk prices are projected to climb around four times higher than what the current bill permits, which could lead to skyrocketing prices in grocery stores across the country.
That bill paid for a lot of things, ranging from farming subsidies to food stamps. You can read a summary of other effects from the farm bill’s lapse at The Washington Post.
In theory, they could renew it before the end of the year and avoid price hikes. But leaders in Congress have said that won’t happen until at least after the election. Don’t you love politics?