- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
It’s Fire Prevention Week, which means two things.
One, it’s an especially bad time to commit arson. Two, the National Fire Protection Association has a fire safety quiz with questions like, “If a fire breaks out in your home you have __________ to get out once the smoke alarm sounds?” (Answer: a few minutes).
But jokes aside, disasters do happen – preparing for them is smart, not funny. Not preparing could cost you lots of money, or the life of you or a loved one. That’s why we do stories about disaster preparation, and how to save on renter’s or homeowner’s insurance. Check these out, and the links below the story, too:
- Five Minute Lifesaver: ICE Your Cell Phone
- The Most Important Thing You Can Do Today
- 12 Tips to Disaster-Proof Your Home and Finances
- 7 More Tips to Prepare for a Natural Disaster
Here’s the NFPA’s fact sheet about what usually causes fires, with links on how to prepare for one.