- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Today’s Deals: Tuesday, Oct. 21
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
I subscribe to the promotional emails of hundreds of companies so you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless. But some offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize here and on our deals page.
Note: Expiration dates are in brackets.
- Mimi’s Cafe: Free breakfast entree with the purchase of one entree (print first) [10/12].
- Restaurant.com: $25 restaurant gift certificates are $5 (use code PICK) [10/11]. You’ll see the discount after entering the code. If you’ve never used Restaurant.com, first check out How to Cut Your Restaurant Bill in Half.
Holidays and parties
- Disney Store: 25 percent off select Halloween costumes and 40 percent off select Halloween accessories online [expiration unknown]. Shipping is free with code FREESHIP.
Office and school
- Office Depot: $10 off a $50-plus purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code 46053691) [10/31].
- American Apparel: Free lip gloss – no purchase necessary – in stores [10/15].
- Handheld massager: 64 percent off at Amazon.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $25, it’s $9.
- Dumbells: Up to 45 percent off select items at Amazon.com [expiration unknown].
- Redbox: Free one-day movie or game rental (use code BIRTHDAY) [10/10].
- Desktop PC (HP Pavilion): 35 percent off at Staples online [10/13]. Instead of $430, it’s $280.
- Cordless mouse and keyboard (Logitech): 50 percent off at Staples online [10/13]. Instead of $40, it’s $20.
Karla Bowsher covers consumer, retail, and health issues. If you have a comment, suggestion, or question, leave a comment or contact her at email@example.com.