- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
Sprint is offering a new service called StarStar Me…
StarStar Me allows consumers to choose a name, nickname or unique word in place of their mobile phone number – then people can call them on their mobile phone by simply tapping the star key twice on the phone’s keypad, followed by the name, nickname, or unique word they chose, using keypad letters or characters. StarStar Me also offers users the ability to automatically respond to calls with a custom text message when they’re busy, as well as a unique way to share links to their blog, website or social media accounts.
For instance, if Money Talks News had a Sprint hotline, we could scoop up **MONEY which is **66639. (But we don’t.)
Sprint customers can sign up by calling **ME (**63) or visiting sprint.starstar.me. The service costs $3/month per StarMe number, and each phone number can have two of them. You don’t have to have Sprint service to dial a StarMe number – the top carriers recognize them.