- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Budget from 1987 Tells the Tale: Americans Are Severely Underpaid
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
If you haven’t heard – and if you’re not a journalist or comics fan, maybe not – Superman’s alter-ego Clark Kent has left the building. It happened in the issue published yesterday.
Yes, the Man of Steel is over The Daily Planet, the BBC reports. Too much fluffy entertainment coverage, not enough hard-hitting news and justice served, he says. “Why am I the one sounding like a grizzled ink-stained wretch who believes news should be about, I don’t know, news?” asked the 27-year-old Clark Kent.
That doesn’t mean he’s giving up on the Fourth Estate – the artists have hinted he might be launching his own news website or blog. (And you can bet there will be a real-world counterpart, made by a fan if the publisher doesn’t think of it first.)
Is going freelance a superhuman task? It does take some heroics, but you can do it. Check out the links below.