- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
If you haven’t heard – and if you’re not a journalist or comics fan, maybe not – Superman’s alter-ego Clark Kent has left the building. It happened in the issue published yesterday.
Yes, the Man of Steel is over The Daily Planet, the BBC reports. Too much fluffy entertainment coverage, not enough hard-hitting news and justice served, he says. “Why am I the one sounding like a grizzled ink-stained wretch who believes news should be about, I don’t know, news?” asked the 27-year-old Clark Kent.
That doesn’t mean he’s giving up on the Fourth Estate – the artists have hinted he might be launching his own news website or blog. (And you can bet there will be a real-world counterpart, made by a fan if the publisher doesn’t think of it first.)
Is going freelance a superhuman task? It does take some heroics, but you can do it. Check out the links below.