- Panama Tops Ranking of Countries for Well-Being, US is No. 12
- New Rules Mean Hundreds in Energy Savings With Your Next Refrigerator
- Open Enrollment: Your Company’s Flexible Spending Account Is Probably Better Than It Used to Be
- 8 Ways to Pay Less for Baby-Sitting
- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- America’s Most Overrated Jobs
- Walmart’s New Employee Dress Code Sparks Debate
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
If you haven’t heard – and if you’re not a journalist or comics fan, maybe not – Superman’s alter-ego Clark Kent has left the building. It happened in the issue published yesterday.
Yes, the Man of Steel is over The Daily Planet, the BBC reports. Too much fluffy entertainment coverage, not enough hard-hitting news and justice served, he says. “Why am I the one sounding like a grizzled ink-stained wretch who believes news should be about, I don’t know, news?” asked the 27-year-old Clark Kent.
That doesn’t mean he’s giving up on the Fourth Estate – the artists have hinted he might be launching his own news website or blog. (And you can bet there will be a real-world counterpart, made by a fan if the publisher doesn’t think of it first.)
Is going freelance a superhuman task? It does take some heroics, but you can do it. Check out the links below.