- The Restless Project: Will I Have to Live With a Roommate Forever?
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- The Restless Project: Can’t Get By on $60K, $80K, Even $100K?
- Your Calls and Texts Could Be Intercepted by Fake Cell Towers
A Fox News affiliate has a reminder to take care with the kids’ candy haul tonight…
Dr. Rodney Robards, a Tulsa Vet, says dog owners need to be especially careful of chocolate that children might bring home.
“You want to stay away from chocolate. That’s probably the most important candy that kids get that can be toxic to dogs; just a small amount can be toxic,” Dr. Robards said.
He says it’s important to make sure children throw away their wrappers and trash. Dogs and cats smell those items and often eat them based on the lingering scent of the candy. They can cause serious obstructions in an animal’s intestinal tract. Often times, costly surgery is required to remove the trash lodged in the animal.
Stay safe, and keep your pets safe by storing candy well out of their reach.