- Best US States for Young People
- The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods for Renters
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- The Most Expensive NFL Tickets
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- The Restless Project: Doing Well at $125K, but Still Losing Sleep Over Money
- 3 Ways Your Kids Can Get You Hacked
The Sileo Group is warning about Hurricane Sandy-related identity theft…
As we learned from Hurricane Katrina, one of the most despicable side effects of a natural disaster is the massive increase in reported cases of identity theft in the affected areas. Thieves take advantage of those who are vulnerable, and those who have suffered flooding, wind damage and the effects of the storm are more vulnerable than ever. Imagine how devastating it would it be to apply for a line of credit to help your family recover from the storm only to find out that your entire net worth now belongs to a thief.
For a step-by-step detailed guide to preventing and recovering from identity theft, we are making Think Like a Spy: Identity Theft Prevention and Recovery guide free to victims of the storm.