- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- The 5 Reasons People Fall for Scams and Gotchas
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
The Sileo Group is warning about Hurricane Sandy-related identity theft…
As we learned from Hurricane Katrina, one of the most despicable side effects of a natural disaster is the massive increase in reported cases of identity theft in the affected areas. Thieves take advantage of those who are vulnerable, and those who have suffered flooding, wind damage and the effects of the storm are more vulnerable than ever. Imagine how devastating it would it be to apply for a line of credit to help your family recover from the storm only to find out that your entire net worth now belongs to a thief.
For a step-by-step detailed guide to preventing and recovering from identity theft, we are making Think Like a Spy: Identity Theft Prevention and Recovery guide free to victims of the storm.