- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- New California Law Mandates Smartphone Kill Switch
- What Cable Mergers Might Mean for Your Television Service
- The Scary Way a Friend Request Can Lead to Identity Theft
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- What to Expect From 2014 Labor Day Sales
- Here’s What’s in the $50,000 Emmy Swag Bags
Gaming site Joystiq reports good news for fans of one of the Xbox’s most beloved franchises – the ones with an Amex card, anyway…
American Express is offering cash off your bill, gift certificates to Best Buy and other retailers, select deals with partner companies like AMC Theaters, and a chance to go to E3 on their dime, simply for playing Halo 4.
After syncing your card with your Xbox Live account, you can complete special objectives in Halo 4 to earn the goods – well, okay, the objectives aren’t that special. Finishing the campaign on Normal or tougher difficulties will knock $25 off your statement.
You can also win $50 vouchers at Best Buy or a free trip to the E3 gaming convention. (It may be too late to win the latter, which was capped at 25 people.)
Don’t use American Express? If you play a lot of multiplayer (140 hours’ worth), you can also win some free Microsoft Points. Only up to 800, though, so it’s not worth it unless you were going to spend your time that way anyhow.