- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- FTC: Beware Mystery Shopper Scams
ABC News has some that’s bad for frequent flyers: Spirit Airlines now charges $100 for a carry-on bag if you don’t pay in advance. You can’t avoid the fee, but you can lower it by paying sooner…
Spirit Carry-On Bag Fees:
- $9 Fare Club Member Online: $25
- Standard Online: $35
- Telephone Reservations: $40
- Airport Ticket Counter or Kiosk: $50
- Boarding Gate: $100
Spirit Airlines was the first domestic carrier to charge for carry-on bags, but they’re no longer alone. In April, Allegiant Airlines started charging as much as $35 for a carry-on bag.
We warned about the fee hike in July, and gave a big comparison of airline fees.