- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in September
- Identify That Mystery Hotel Before You Book It
- Should the Knee Defender Be Allowed on Airline Flights?
- You Won’t Believe What Hotels Are Charging for Now
- Leave Your (Legal) Pot at Home When Traveling
- What to Expect From 2014 Labor Day Sales
- Here’s What’s in the $50,000 Emmy Swag Bags
ABC News has some that’s bad for frequent flyers: Spirit Airlines now charges $100 for a carry-on bag if you don’t pay in advance. You can’t avoid the fee, but you can lower it by paying sooner…
Spirit Carry-On Bag Fees:
- $9 Fare Club Member Online: $25
- Standard Online: $35
- Telephone Reservations: $40
- Airport Ticket Counter or Kiosk: $50
- Boarding Gate: $100
Spirit Airlines was the first domestic carrier to charge for carry-on bags, but they’re no longer alone. In April, Allegiant Airlines started charging as much as $35 for a carry-on bag.
We warned about the fee hike in July, and gave a big comparison of airline fees.