- Why the Travel Industry’s Favorite New Word is ‘No’ – and What to Do About It
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Hundreds of Americans Surrender Citizenship to Avoid Taxes
- 7 Things That Prove Cheaper Isn’t Always Better
- Apple Pay Blocked at CVS, Rite Aid
- Are You Sick of Black Friday Sales on Thanksgiving Day?
- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
ABC News has some that’s bad for frequent flyers: Spirit Airlines now charges $100 for a carry-on bag if you don’t pay in advance. You can’t avoid the fee, but you can lower it by paying sooner…
Spirit Carry-On Bag Fees:
- $9 Fare Club Member Online: $25
- Standard Online: $35
- Telephone Reservations: $40
- Airport Ticket Counter or Kiosk: $50
- Boarding Gate: $100
Spirit Airlines was the first domestic carrier to charge for carry-on bags, but they’re no longer alone. In April, Allegiant Airlines started charging as much as $35 for a carry-on bag.
We warned about the fee hike in July, and gave a big comparison of airline fees.