- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
- 8 Foods That May Spike in Price This Fall
- Home Depot’s Massive Data Breach May Leave 60 Million Vulnerable
- More US Retirees Embrace Nomadic Lifestyle Overseas
- 7 Smart Ways to Save on the Latest Smartphones
ABC News has some that’s bad for frequent flyers: Spirit Airlines now charges $100 for a carry-on bag if you don’t pay in advance. You can’t avoid the fee, but you can lower it by paying sooner…
Spirit Carry-On Bag Fees:
- $9 Fare Club Member Online: $25
- Standard Online: $35
- Telephone Reservations: $40
- Airport Ticket Counter or Kiosk: $50
- Boarding Gate: $100
Spirit Airlines was the first domestic carrier to charge for carry-on bags, but they’re no longer alone. In April, Allegiant Airlines started charging as much as $35 for a carry-on bag.
We warned about the fee hike in July, and gave a big comparison of airline fees.