- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- FTC: Beware Mystery Shopper Scams
- US: Pass the Potato Chips, Please
- The 10 Weirdest Bacon-Inspired Creations
- 20 Surefire Ways to Slam the Brakes on Impulse Buys
- Hey, Kohl’s, Why Can’t I Have Those Handbags at the Sale Price?
- Celebrate Halloween Without Putting a Curse on Your Budget
- 800,000 Seasonal Jobs Up for Grabs: Here’s Who’s Hiring
They compared this year’s ads with last year’s and found that the median “deal” price at major retailers including Walmart, Best Buy and Target has gone up since last year, and that many of the same exact items are still “deals” at the same exact price – when they don’t cost more…
The study also revealed some Black Friday deals will have consumers paying more. Modell’s Sporting Goods will be selling the Timberland Men’s Padded Collar Classic Boots for $79.99 this Black Friday. This is $10 more than the $69.99 price Modell’s sold the Timberland Men’s Padded Collar Classic Boots for on Black Friday 2011. The 2012 Timberland boots deal can be found on the first page of the Modell’s ad.
Dick’s Sporting Goods, as well, will be selling the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus for $119.99 on this year’s Black Friday. The retailer sold the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus for $114.99 on the Black Friday of last year.
Check out the study for more comparisons. But unless you’re buying a product that came out in 2012, you may want to stay home and shop online.