- New Rules Mean Hundreds in Energy Savings With Your Next Refrigerator
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better: 10 Products Where a Smaller Size Will Do
- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
They compared this year’s ads with last year’s and found that the median “deal” price at major retailers including Walmart, Best Buy and Target has gone up since last year, and that many of the same exact items are still “deals” at the same exact price – when they don’t cost more…
The study also revealed some Black Friday deals will have consumers paying more. Modell’s Sporting Goods will be selling the Timberland Men’s Padded Collar Classic Boots for $79.99 this Black Friday. This is $10 more than the $69.99 price Modell’s sold the Timberland Men’s Padded Collar Classic Boots for on Black Friday 2011. The 2012 Timberland boots deal can be found on the first page of the Modell’s ad.
Dick’s Sporting Goods, as well, will be selling the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus for $119.99 on this year’s Black Friday. The retailer sold the Columbia Men’s Bugaboot Plus for $114.99 on the Black Friday of last year.
Check out the study for more comparisons. But unless you’re buying a product that came out in 2012, you may want to stay home and shop online.