- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
In August, we wrote about a restaurant offering discounts to customers who agreed to use their mouths for eating instead of yapping. Maybe it’s a trend.
Cinemark Theatres, just debuted its Cine Mode app, which prompts you to mute and dim your phone during a movie. Leave it on for the whole show, and you’ll score concession coupons and possibly other rewards. It’s described as “interactive,” which is funny since the idea is to not interact at all.
The app is available for iPhone and Android users. Cinemark has locations in 39 states (though many just have one or two).