- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
In August, we wrote about a restaurant offering discounts to customers who agreed to use their mouths for eating instead of yapping. Maybe it’s a trend.
Cinemark Theatres, just debuted its Cine Mode app, which prompts you to mute and dim your phone during a movie. Leave it on for the whole show, and you’ll score concession coupons and possibly other rewards. It’s described as “interactive,” which is funny since the idea is to not interact at all.
The app is available for iPhone and Android users. Cinemark has locations in 39 states (though many just have one or two).