- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- FTC: Beware Mystery Shopper Scams
- US: Pass the Potato Chips, Please
- The 10 Weirdest Bacon-Inspired Creations
Stand in line on Black Friday or spend a certain amount of money and you may be rewarded with more than discounts, DealNews says. Here’s a sampling of the freebies they’ve heard about…
Half Price Books
Freebie: In addition to a free $5 gift card, the first 100 customers to show up when the doors open at 7 am will also get a free tote bag, which will be ideal for hauling off your Black Friday bounty. One of those totes may contain another freebie: an extra $100 gift card!
Freebie: Yes, Old Navy is a clothier, but it’s also giving away a Wii U Console this Black Friday! While it’s likely that the retailer will only give away one console per store, a larger number of customers can spend at least $40 and take home a free copy of Super Mario Bros. U, which is a $60 value! Old Navy’s doors open at midnight on Friday, and the first customers in line will receive a wristband for this free game offer.
Freebie: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially on Black Friday; you’ll need stamina to make it through those crowds! As Sam’s Club opens its doors at 7 am on Black Friday, it’ll be handing its members a free cup of Starbucks holiday blend coffee along with a free Artisan Fresh pastry. Really, who wants to shop in the morning on an empty stomach … and without caffeine?
Probably not worth pulling an all-nighter for, but nice if you were going to go anyway. More giveaways (some rumored) at the link.