- Government Acts to Stop US Companies From Fleeing Overseas
- 8-Year-Old YouTube Star Makes $1.3 Million a Year
- Now You Can Make Returns at Sears Without Leaving Your Car
- Ask Stacy: How Can I Know I’ll Have Enough to Retire?
- Today’s Deals: Tuesday, Sep. 23
- Avoid Airline Fees with Airline Co-Branded Credit Cards
- Panama Tops Ranking of Countries for Well-Being; US is No. 12
- New Rules Mean Hundreds in Energy Savings With Your Next Refrigerator
I subscribe to the promotional emails of hundreds of companies so you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless. But some offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize here and on our deals page.
Happy Black Friday!
It’s perhaps the biggest day of the year for deals, but I think it’s actually the hardest day of the year to write about deals. As we explained in The Definitive Guide to Black Friday Hours and Specials, Black Friday sales started two days ago and require a little planning.
So hopefully by now you’ve already planned out – if not completed – your Black Friday shopping.
But in case you haven’t already scoped out the sales, picked out what you want, and figured out the best time to buy it, here’s a quick cheat sheet…
First, skim a few articles for guidance:
- The Definitive Guide to Black Friday Hours and Specials (includes in-store and online sale hours and doorbusters)
- 10 Things Not to Buy on Black Friday
- Black Friday freebies
Next, get right to the ads, which you’ll find on:
- Dedicated websites like BlackFriday.com and BFAds.net
- Your local circulars
- Your favorite stores’ websites
Lastly, before you leave the house, check out our latest meal deals and print out the corresponding coupons. Lots of restaurants are offering free food today to try to lure in shoppers, but anyone can take advantage of such offers.
Karla Bowsher covers consumer, retail, and health issues. If you have a comment, suggestion, or question, leave a comment or contact her at email@example.com.