- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- FTC: Beware Mystery Shopper Scams
- US: Pass the Potato Chips, Please
- The 10 Weirdest Bacon-Inspired Creations
Quartz reports on coffee price increases in China and India, comparing them to the average earnings there. The fun part:
In November, the outlet made another two yuan increase to more than five drinks, including lattes, cappuccinos and mochas in 12 cities in China. The raise in price was made in order to offset the lower operating margins reported in the fourth quarter as spending goes toward the outlet’s expansion.
One Sina Weibo user wrote:
What we are disgusted with is not the price hike at Starbucks. We are annoyed to be buying the same product in China at a higher price than in the US.
Now you know how we feel about your cheaper smartphones, China.