- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- How to Get the Best Deal on a Car Loan
- Beginner’s Guide to Buying Your First Car
- When to Drop Collision Coverage — and Risk It All
- Should You Spy On Your Teen Driver?
- Why ‘Disappearing Deductible’ Car Insurance Plans Don’t Always Save You Money
- US Cities With the Safest Drivers
Classic car lover? Bat Fan? Tune in to this story from the LA Times…
The midnight-black and fluorescent-red-pinstriped car that Adam West’s Batman used to battle villains in Gotham will be up for grabs Jan. 19 at Barrett-Jackson, the Scottsdale, Ariz., rare and classic auto auction house.
There is a reserve price for the car, but neither the auction house nor the car owner, famed car customizer George Barris, would confirm the lowest dollar amount they would accept. Plans for the sale were revealed at the L.A. Auto Show.
“Let’s just say it’s in the multimillions,” said Craig Jackson, chief executive of Barrett-Jackson. “The car is true Americana. It’s hard to put a dollar figure on something like that.”
Hopefully the new owner will, like the current one, use a classic Batman cellphone ringtone. Check out the story for more details on the car’s features and how it was made for TV.