- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Ask Stacy: If I Temporarily Lose My Health Insurance, Will I Get Fined?
- The 5 Reasons People Fall for Scams and Gotchas
- 15 Awesome Adult Uses for Baby Powder
Movoto Real Estate is having some holiday fun…
With the winter holidays around the corner, the Movoto Real Estate team decided to tackle a question that’s been floating around the office for a few weeks. How much gingerbread would it take to build a real-life gingerbread house?
Last week, we pulled our team together and figured it out. It would take approximately 9,608 “batches” of gingerbread to build a typical 2,500-square-foot American home. In this case, a batch refers to the amount of gingerbread made from this delicious Food Network recipe.
To help put this number in perspective, you can think of it this way: A single batch is enough to build a modest gingerbread house at your kitchen table. (Now you’re starting to understand.)
Want to figure out what it would take for your house? Well, they made an app for that. (Not seeing it below? Temporarily disable your ad blocker and refresh this page, or visit theirs and scroll down.)