- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- 1 in 4 Jobs in the US Are Low-Paying
Movoto Real Estate is having some holiday fun…
With the winter holidays around the corner, the Movoto Real Estate team decided to tackle a question that’s been floating around the office for a few weeks. How much gingerbread would it take to build a real-life gingerbread house?
Last week, we pulled our team together and figured it out. It would take approximately 9,608 “batches” of gingerbread to build a typical 2,500-square-foot American home. In this case, a batch refers to the amount of gingerbread made from this delicious Food Network recipe.
To help put this number in perspective, you can think of it this way: A single batch is enough to build a modest gingerbread house at your kitchen table. (Now you’re starting to understand.)
Want to figure out what it would take for your house? Well, they made an app for that. (Not seeing it below? Temporarily disable your ad blocker and refresh this page, or visit theirs and scroll down.)