- The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods for Renters
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- Avoid Airline Fees with Airline Co-Branded Credit Cards
- Panama Tops Ranking of Countries for Well-Being; US is No. 12
- New Fed Report: The Rich Are Thriving, and Everyone Else Has Fallen Behind
- The Restless Project: Will I Have to Live With a Roommate Forever?
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
Movoto has tried to estimate what it would cost to buy The Hobbit star Bilbo Baggins’s home, Bag End – if it existed, in England…
Because there were only three bedrooms, it was difficult to find comparable homes to base our assumption on.
Most homes that push the 4,000-square-foot mark have more than three bedrooms. We were, however, able to find agrarian homes with comparable square footage in rural sections of Worcestershire County.
The average price per square foot for a house in Worcestershire County, according to Zoopla, is £205, or $262. Our comparable homes had a price per square foot of £231 per square foot, or $296.
Armed with this, we were able to calculate Bag End’s estimated cost, which turned out to be about $1,330,000.
More on how they figured it out at the link and the infographic below.