- Teens Are Big Believers in the American Dream of Homeownership
- More US Retirees Embrace Nomadic Lifestyle Overseas
- $139 Million House for Sale in Florida
- Malaysia Airlines Decides a ‘Bucket List’ Promotion Might Be a Bad Idea
- 23 Ways to Make Your House Look Awesome for $50 or Less
- Aging Americans Face Housing Shortfall
- Identify That Mystery Hotel Before You Book It
- Millennials Are Best About Paying Their Mortgages on Time
Movoto has tried to estimate what it would cost to buy The Hobbit star Bilbo Baggins’s home, Bag End – if it existed, in England…
Because there were only three bedrooms, it was difficult to find comparable homes to base our assumption on.
Most homes that push the 4,000-square-foot mark have more than three bedrooms. We were, however, able to find agrarian homes with comparable square footage in rural sections of Worcestershire County.
The average price per square foot for a house in Worcestershire County, according to Zoopla, is £205, or $262. Our comparable homes had a price per square foot of £231 per square foot, or $296.
Armed with this, we were able to calculate Bag End’s estimated cost, which turned out to be about $1,330,000.
More on how they figured it out at the link and the infographic below.