- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
- Your Calls and Texts Could Be Intercepted by Fake Cell Towers
- High Smartphone Bill? Facebook May Be to Blame
- Compare Your Cell Bill to a Brit’s: You’re Paying a Lot More
- Celebrities Aren’t the Only Ones With Embarrassing Secrets in the Cloud
The Google blog explains the new native app…
At the heart of this app is our constantly improving map of the world that includes detailed information for more than 80 million businesses and points of interest. Preview where you want to go with Street View and see inside places with Business Photos to decide on a table or see if it’s better at the bar. To get you there, you’ve got voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic conditions to avoid the jams and if you want to use public transportation, find information for more than one million public transit stops.
It’s good news for Mac fans, some of whom have been relying on the web version since Apple screwed up its maps earlier this year.