- Why the Travel Industry’s Favorite New Word is ‘No’ – and What to Do About It
- Government Sues AT&T for Allegedly ‘Throttling’ Unlimited Data Customers
- Hundreds of Americans Surrender Citizenship to Avoid Taxes
- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
The Google blog explains the new native app…
At the heart of this app is our constantly improving map of the world that includes detailed information for more than 80 million businesses and points of interest. Preview where you want to go with Street View and see inside places with Business Photos to decide on a table or see if it’s better at the bar. To get you there, you’ve got voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic conditions to avoid the jams and if you want to use public transportation, find information for more than one million public transit stops.
It’s good news for Mac fans, some of whom have been relying on the web version since Apple screwed up its maps earlier this year.