- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- New California Law Mandates Smartphone Kill Switch
- What Cable Mergers Might Mean for Your Television Service
- The Scary Way a Friend Request Can Lead to Identity Theft
- Identify That Mystery Hotel Before You Book It
- Should the Knee Defender Be Allowed on Airline Flights?
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
The Google blog explains the new native app…
At the heart of this app is our constantly improving map of the world that includes detailed information for more than 80 million businesses and points of interest. Preview where you want to go with Street View and see inside places with Business Photos to decide on a table or see if it’s better at the bar. To get you there, you’ve got voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic conditions to avoid the jams and if you want to use public transportation, find information for more than one million public transit stops.
It’s good news for Mac fans, some of whom have been relying on the web version since Apple screwed up its maps earlier this year.