- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- 12 Surprising Ways to Cut Rental Car Expenses
- Is the iPhone 6 Worth Tearing Your Hair Out?
- Uber Gets “F” Rating from BBB
The Google blog explains the new native app…
At the heart of this app is our constantly improving map of the world that includes detailed information for more than 80 million businesses and points of interest. Preview where you want to go with Street View and see inside places with Business Photos to decide on a table or see if it’s better at the bar. To get you there, you’ve got voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic conditions to avoid the jams and if you want to use public transportation, find information for more than one million public transit stops.
It’s good news for Mac fans, some of whom have been relying on the web version since Apple screwed up its maps earlier this year.