- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
Quartz traces the history of the form we’re most familiar with, the 1040…
The 77 numbered lines on the current version of Internal Revenue Service Form 1040 range from filing status (single, married, etc.) to the filer’s residential energy credit (attach form 5695!). In just the last 20 years, the length of the form has increased 21%, up from 65 lines in 1991.
It was once just eight lines. Check the link to see what the form’s looked like over the past century.