- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- 10 College Majors You May Regret Choosing
- Should the Knee Defender Be Allowed on Airline Flights?
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
- You Won’t Believe What Hotels Are Charging for Now
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- Rent Is Higher Than Ever in Most US Metro Areas
Quartz traces the history of the form we’re most familiar with, the 1040…
The 77 numbered lines on the current version of Internal Revenue Service Form 1040 range from filing status (single, married, etc.) to the filer’s residential energy credit (attach form 5695!). In just the last 20 years, the length of the form has increased 21%, up from 65 lines in 1991.
It was once just eight lines. Check the link to see what the form’s looked like over the past century.