- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
Quartz traces the history of the form we’re most familiar with, the 1040…
The 77 numbered lines on the current version of Internal Revenue Service Form 1040 range from filing status (single, married, etc.) to the filer’s residential energy credit (attach form 5695!). In just the last 20 years, the length of the form has increased 21%, up from 65 lines in 1991.
It was once just eight lines. Check the link to see what the form’s looked like over the past century.