- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Best and Worst US States for Credit
- Most US Families Aren’t Mired in Credit Card Debt
- More US Seniors Are Struggling With Student Loan Debt
- How to Get the Best Deal on a Car Loan
- Are You Being Victimized by a Student Debt Relief Scam?
- Home Depot’s Massive Data Breach May Leave 60 Million Vulnerable
- Ask Stacy: How Can I Get a Delinquent Account Off My Credit Report?
You’ve probably heard of the big three, but there are a lot of smaller credit reporting agencies, according to LowCards…
TransUnion, Experian and Equifax are the biggest nationwide credit reporting agencies, but there are many smaller specialty agencies that focus on specific industries. They collect and sell your information, providing reports that help determine whether you get credit, insurance and other financial services.
You can get reports from them too. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau [PDF] explains how.