- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Welcome to The Restless Project: This Is Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
- 5 Smart Money Moves First-Time College Students Should Make
- Store Credit Cards Are Now a Worse Deal Than They Were Before
- Get Free Access to Luxury Airport Lounges With Your Credit Card
You’ve probably heard of the big three, but there are a lot of smaller credit reporting agencies, according to LowCards…
TransUnion, Experian and Equifax are the biggest nationwide credit reporting agencies, but there are many smaller specialty agencies that focus on specific industries. They collect and sell your information, providing reports that help determine whether you get credit, insurance and other financial services.
You can get reports from them too. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau [PDF] explains how.