- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- The Most and Least Expensive States to Own a Car
- The Most-Stolen Vehicles of 2013
- The 5 Most Complained About Cars in America
- Can You Trust Carfax? (Plus 4 Other Ways to Avoid Buying a Clunker)
- Your Car Is Spying On You: How to Protect Yourself
- Fender Bender: Should You File a Claim?
- Are You Driving a Lemon?
TIME warns that your gas may not go as far as you expect in some vehicles…
In the grand scheme, 37 mpg is pretty decent—except when you purchase a vehicle that promises mileage that’s 10 mpg better. Two Ford hybrids, the Fusion Hybrid SE and the C-Max SE, boast overall ratings of 47 mpg on their windows in new-car dealerships. Yet a new Consumer Reports study indicates that these mileage claims are way overblown.
Hybrid vehicles are more guilty of inflated figures that others, the story says.