- The 10 States With the Rudest Drivers
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- How to Get the Best Deal on a Car Loan
- Beginner’s Guide to Buying Your First Car
- When to Drop Collision Coverage — and Risk It All
- Should You Spy On Your Teen Driver?
- Why ‘Disappearing Deductible’ Car Insurance Plans Don’t Always Save You Money
TIME warns that your gas may not go as far as you expect in some vehicles…
In the grand scheme, 37 mpg is pretty decent—except when you purchase a vehicle that promises mileage that’s 10 mpg better. Two Ford hybrids, the Fusion Hybrid SE and the C-Max SE, boast overall ratings of 47 mpg on their windows in new-car dealerships. Yet a new Consumer Reports study indicates that these mileage claims are way overblown.
Hybrid vehicles are more guilty of inflated figures that others, the story says.