- 10 Reports Your Car Insurance Company Pulls About You
- Shocked by a $1,443 Bill From My Toyota Dealership
- 12 Surprising Ways to Cut Rental Car Expenses
- Uber Gets “F” Rating from BBB
- Too Many Tickets? Your Car May Be to Blame
- The Secret Life of Your Car’s VIN
- What If You Get Sued After a Car Accident?
- Here’s How Much You’ll Save by Raising Your Car Insurance Deductible From $500 to $1,000
TIME warns that your gas may not go as far as you expect in some vehicles…
In the grand scheme, 37 mpg is pretty decent—except when you purchase a vehicle that promises mileage that’s 10 mpg better. Two Ford hybrids, the Fusion Hybrid SE and the C-Max SE, boast overall ratings of 47 mpg on their windows in new-car dealerships. Yet a new Consumer Reports study indicates that these mileage claims are way overblown.
Hybrid vehicles are more guilty of inflated figures that others, the story says.