- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- 5 Reasons to Take a Company Buyout (And Why You Might Think Twice)
- The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the US
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
Looking for a quick, affordable dinner that feeds four for less than $15? Today, our new video series Frugal Family Feast – which is all about using fresh, affordable ingredients to prepare budget-conscious bites – features delicious enchiladas.
Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson teams up with chef Jorge Montes, owner of Chef George Catering, to bring us a scrumptious, toasty treat with homemade enchilada sauce. Check out this video below, then read on for the recipe.
Chicken Enchiladas – courtesy of Chef Jorge Montes
2 lbs. chicken breast
1 cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup cilantro
½ small red onion
3 garlic cloves
½ cup tomato sauce
1 chipotle pepper
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken in a small pot, cover with water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and let it cool.
Place all sauce ingredients in a roasting pan and bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes.
Puree in blender and strain mixture to get seeds out.
Set aside to top rolled tortillas.
Shred chicken and place a small handful in a tortilla.
Sprinkle a pinch of cilantro and roll up tortilla.
Place all eight rolled tortillas in a baking dish and cover with enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Great deal for just under $15! Chef George also recommends using what you have at home to stretch your food dollars – leftover rotisserie chicken, roast pork, beef, beans, or veggies to fill the enchiladas.