- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- A Typo Can Get Your Resume Tossed in the Trash
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- Is an Unlimited-Vacation Policy Truly Good for Workers?
- Don’t Update Your iPhone Operating System (Yet)
- Nearly a Quarter of the World’s Billionaires Are Americans
- Government Acts to Stop US Companies From Fleeing Overseas
- Now You Can Make Returns at Sears Without Leaving Your Car
The NYSE has been sold to IntercontinentalExchange. (Let’s pronounce the merged company as “Nice Ice.”) CNN Money explains…
Trading stocks has been overshadowed in recent years by the growing importance of derivatives and options. Atlanta-based ICE, which operates commodities and derivatives markets around the world, has a larger market value than NYSE Euronext, even though it is not as well known by the general public.
The combined company will have headquarters in Atlanta as well as New York, and NYSE shareholders will hold slightly more than a third of its stock.