- Apple Pay Started Today: What You Need to Know
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- What’s In McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets? Now You Can Find Out
- LA Restaurants Charging 3 Percent to Cover Employee Health Care
- What Your Tattoo Says About You – And Your Job Prospects
- Hate Facebook? Say Hello to Ad-Free Ello
- Hey, Kohl’s, Why Can’t I Have Those Handbags at the Sale Price?
The NYSE has been sold to IntercontinentalExchange. (Let’s pronounce the merged company as “Nice Ice.”) CNN Money explains…
Trading stocks has been overshadowed in recent years by the growing importance of derivatives and options. Atlanta-based ICE, which operates commodities and derivatives markets around the world, has a larger market value than NYSE Euronext, even though it is not as well known by the general public.
The combined company will have headquarters in Atlanta as well as New York, and NYSE shareholders will hold slightly more than a third of its stock.