- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
- Court Rules That Yelp Can Manipulate Ratings If It Wants To
The NYSE has been sold to IntercontinentalExchange. (Let’s pronounce the merged company as “Nice Ice.”) CNN Money explains…
Trading stocks has been overshadowed in recent years by the growing importance of derivatives and options. Atlanta-based ICE, which operates commodities and derivatives markets around the world, has a larger market value than NYSE Euronext, even though it is not as well known by the general public.
The combined company will have headquarters in Atlanta as well as New York, and NYSE shareholders will hold slightly more than a third of its stock.