- Why You Should Hang Up if You Get a Call From the ‘IRS’
- Why Corporations Pay Less Taxes Than You, Part 2
- Banks Make $1 Billion Helping US Firms ‘Move’ Overseas
- Medicare Isn’t Going Broke (Yet)
- Save on Back-To-School Supplies by Shopping Sales Tax Holidays
- Why Corporations Pay Less Taxes than You
- One Court Ruling Shoots Down Obamacare, Another Backs It Up
- Have You Got The Power … of Attorney, That Is?
The Christian Science Monitor has an ingenious explainer for the fiscal cliff which uses Stones lyrics. Here’s the first part…
“I was born in a cross-fire hurricane” (from “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” 1968)
How did this fiscal cliff originate, anyway? Basically, in a gathering storm of partisan disagreement. For years,Republicans in Congress have resisted the idea of tax hikes as a way to close federal deficits. And Democrats have resisted Republican ideas on reducing the size of government by curbing some types of federal spending.
Check out the whole thing. It’s in plain English, and pretty clever. Here’s some background music for reading it.