- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Welcome to The Restless Project: This Is Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
- 5 Smart Money Moves First-Time College Students Should Make
- Store Credit Cards Are Now a Worse Deal Than They Were Before
- Get Free Access to Luxury Airport Lounges With Your Credit Card
- Should You Repair Your Own Credit?
- A Debt Collector Keeps Calling, But Says I Don’t Have to Pay!
- Ask Stacy: How Can I Get Credit Without Credit?
Speaking of credit report errors, A Sacramento CBS affiliate reports…
A $16,159 court judgment showed up on Rose’s credit report. The money was awarded to Chase Manhattan Bank in 2007.
“Wait a minute, I’ve never had this credit card. I think there’s some identity theft going on here,” said [Heather] Rose.
She says Chase wouldn’t even discuss the debt with her, and two credit bureaus had no record of her attempts to dispute the debt. But with the station’s help, she got things sorted out.