- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- Is the iPhone 6 Worth Tearing Your Hair Out?
- Uber Gets “F” Rating from BBB
- Hate Facebook? Say Hello to Ad-Free Ello
- If Your Hotel Tries to Block Your Personal Wi-Fi, Show Them This Article
The Morning Call explains…
Turned out that not only had someone gained access to [Bernie] Williams’ Gmail account, the hacker also had perused enough of Williams’ correspondence to figure out who his accountant was and how to tailor an email that would seem as if Williams had written it, including references to past conversations.
The hacker used that information to wire himself $8,629 (why that number?) from Williams’ account. And the bank and investigators said there was nothing they could do about it.
Read the whole crazy story, then think about updating to a better password and (if you use Gmail) enabling two-step verification security. Oh, and tell your accountant to call you to confirm any irregular transfers.