- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Welcome to The Restless Project: This Is Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
- 5 Smart Money Moves First-Time College Students Should Make
- Store Credit Cards Are Now a Worse Deal Than They Were Before
- Get Free Access to Luxury Airport Lounges With Your Credit Card
CNN reports that America has once again maxed out its credit cards, meaning more ugliness in Congress in the next two months…
That sets the stage for yet another fight on Capitol Hill, where some Republican lawmakers view the debt limit as leverage in negotiations with President Obama over spending cuts and reforms to Medicare and Social Security.
A government report says the last fight, in 2011, wasted $1.3 billion in taxpayer money. It also led to the U.S. credit rating with Standard & Poor’s being downgraded for the first time in over 70 years.