- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- Pop Quiz: Can a Store Force You to Spend $10 to Use a Credit Card?
- How Do Credit Report Errors Happen?
- 7 Money Mistakes That Can Mess Up Your Marriage
- That Credit Advice You’re Getting Could Be Hogwash
- 8 Secrets to Building a Budget You Can Live With
- 6 Simple Ways for Newbies to Establish Stellar Credit
CNN reports that America has once again maxed out its credit cards, meaning more ugliness in Congress in the next two months…
That sets the stage for yet another fight on Capitol Hill, where some Republican lawmakers view the debt limit as leverage in negotiations with President Obama over spending cuts and reforms to Medicare and Social Security.
A government report says the last fight, in 2011, wasted $1.3 billion in taxpayer money. It also led to the U.S. credit rating with Standard & Poor’s being downgraded for the first time in over 70 years.