- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- The Most Expensive Mortgage Mistakes You Can Make
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
CNN reports that America has once again maxed out its credit cards, meaning more ugliness in Congress in the next two months…
That sets the stage for yet another fight on Capitol Hill, where some Republican lawmakers view the debt limit as leverage in negotiations with President Obama over spending cuts and reforms to Medicare and Social Security.
A government report says the last fight, in 2011, wasted $1.3 billion in taxpayer money. It also led to the U.S. credit rating with Standard & Poor’s being downgraded for the first time in over 70 years.