- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- CFPB Sues Corinthian Colleges for Alleged Predatory Lending
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Best and Worst US States for Credit
- Most US Families Aren’t Mired in Credit Card Debt
- More US Seniors Are Struggling With Student Loan Debt
- How to Get the Best Deal on a Car Loan
CNN reports that America has once again maxed out its credit cards, meaning more ugliness in Congress in the next two months…
That sets the stage for yet another fight on Capitol Hill, where some Republican lawmakers view the debt limit as leverage in negotiations with President Obama over spending cuts and reforms to Medicare and Social Security.
A government report says the last fight, in 2011, wasted $1.3 billion in taxpayer money. It also led to the U.S. credit rating with Standard & Poor’s being downgraded for the first time in over 70 years.