- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Got a Raise? Congrats. Now Boost Your Retirement Contribution
- Need Money? 7 Crowdfunding Sites to Give You Cash
- CFPB Says Bitcoin Is ‘Wild West’ of Finance World
- 10 Ways to Beat Inflation
- What You Need to Know About New Rules for Money Market Funds
- Millennials Say Yes to Cash, No to Stocks
- Should You Let Your Boss Make Your 401(k) Picks?
Business Insider reports…
His wealth in 2012 was helped by a 2% rise in Microsoft’s stock price. But he’s been slowly selling off chunks of his Microsoft stake. Microsoft stock now accounts for less than 20 percent of his fortune.
His other known investments include Coke, AutoNation, Deere & Co, and garbage disposal company Republic Services. He made more than $7 billion last year.
And by the way, the $28 billion he’s donated to charity is a 2007 figure. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has continued to do more, but there doesn’t seem to be a more recent grand tally floating around the web.