- Ask Stacy: Why Are Stocks Tanking, and What Should I Do?
- Don’t Own Any Bitcoin? Be Happy
- 6 Football Strategies You Can Use to Retire Rich
- Could Europe’s Ongoing Economic Troubles Affect Your Retirement?
- Rockefeller Foundation Will Dump Investments in Fossil Fuels
- Fewer Americans Have Retirement Accounts, New Study Says
- How to Get Into the Stock Market — Safely
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
Business Insider reports…
His wealth in 2012 was helped by a 2% rise in Microsoft’s stock price. But he’s been slowly selling off chunks of his Microsoft stake. Microsoft stock now accounts for less than 20 percent of his fortune.
His other known investments include Coke, AutoNation, Deere & Co, and garbage disposal company Republic Services. He made more than $7 billion last year.
And by the way, the $28 billion he’s donated to charity is a 2007 figure. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has continued to do more, but there doesn’t seem to be a more recent grand tally floating around the web.