- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- Don’t Update Your iPhone Operating System (Yet)
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
- 3 Ways Your Kids Can Get You Hacked
Computer Weekly writes about software that reads email conversations to detect potential fraud…
The analytics software can also track and evaluate the use of code words. The searches of data, which initially do not identify employees, also flags uncharacteristic changes in tones and language and has been tailored for specific sectors, particularly traders.
After running it on tons of conversations, investigators turned up over 3,000 common words and phrases, plus several trends. Here are the 15 most common phrases…
- Cover up
- Write off
- Failed investment
- Nobody will find out
- Grey area
- They owe it to me
- Do not volunteer information
- Not ethical
- Off the books
- No inspection
- Pull earnings forward
- Special fees
- Friendly payments