- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- Is the iPhone 6 Worth Tearing Your Hair Out?
- Uber Gets “F” Rating from BBB
- Hate Facebook? Say Hello to Ad-Free Ello
Bloomberg has the available details…
The device would use cheaper parts and may be smaller than current models, people familiar with the plans said. Apple was also considering a more versatile version that would work on multiple wireless networks, according to people who were briefed on the plans.
According to these anonymous sources, Apple’s been working on this for a while – since the start of 2011. And it may be aimed at foreign consumers like the Chinese, though it’s hard to imagine they would pass up the opportunity to sell it in the U.S., too.