- Teens Are Big Believers in the American Dream of Homeownership
- $139 Million House for Sale in Florida
- 23 Ways to Make Your House Look Awesome for $50 or Less
- Aging Americans Face Housing Shortfall
- Millennials Are Best About Paying Their Mortgages on Time
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Rent Is Higher Than Ever in Most US Metro Areas
- Best Cities to Rent Out Your Home
The New York Times reports on the trend…
“You don’t want to underutilize an asset,” [Boston Globe Publisher Christopher] Mayer said in an interview in his roomy office. “I have a building here that we can use for a variety of things. Bringing bands in, bringing events here, it reminds us and folks in the community what we do.” While it is unclear how much revenue these new ventures will bring in, he said the new relationships help energize the workplace.
A “variety of things” includes renting office space for tech startups. According to the article, The Los Angeles Times and other papers are doing the same.