- 6 Best Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- How Do Mistakes Get Removed From Your Credit Reports?
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- Cold Is Coming: 10 Ways to Winterproof Right Now
- Government Sues AT&T for Allegedly ‘Throttling’ Unlimited Data Customers
A Money Talks News reader recently wrote me to ask the following question:
I will be going to Paris in March and I’m wondering if there is a credit card available that is a cash back, no annual fee with no foreign transaction fee?
At last! It seems like I have found someone who hates credit card fees as much as I do. Of course there are many cards that feature no foreign transaction fees or annual fees.
A good place to start is Capital One: They’ve never charged a foreign transaction fee. In addition, most of their cards have no annual fees either, such as:
While Chase, Citi, and American Express all have cards that have no foreign transaction fees, they do have annual fees.
So how can you check for yourself which cards have fees and which don’t? Always check the terms and conditions for each card, which is sometimes known as the Schumer Box after Senator Charles Schumer of New York. And, of course, check out cards and descriptions on our credit card page.
Have fun on your trip, and keep avoiding those fees!
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page.