- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
Says The Washington Examiner…
The DC Taxicab Commission is set to approve emergency regulations at its Jan. 24 meeting that will require cabs to either install credit card swipers or sign up with a digital dispatch service, like UberTAXI or MyTaxi, which accept riders’ credit cards via smartphone.
They had planned to require it eventually, but sped up the process because “the playing field has changed.” The city still plans to add panic buttons and GPS devices at a later date.