- Panama Tops Ranking of Countries for Well-Being; US is No. 12
- New Rules Mean Hundreds in Energy Savings With Your Next Refrigerator
- New Fed Report: The Rich Are Thriving, and Everyone Else Has Fallen Behind
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better: 10 Products Where a Smaller Size Will Do
- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
Says The Washington Examiner…
The DC Taxicab Commission is set to approve emergency regulations at its Jan. 24 meeting that will require cabs to either install credit card swipers or sign up with a digital dispatch service, like UberTAXI or MyTaxi, which accept riders’ credit cards via smartphone.
They had planned to require it eventually, but sped up the process because “the playing field has changed.” The city still plans to add panic buttons and GPS devices at a later date.