- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
- Your Calls and Texts Could Be Intercepted by Fake Cell Towers
- High Smartphone Bill? Facebook May Be to Blame
- Compare Your Cell Bill to a Brit’s: You’re Paying a Lot More
- Celebrities Aren’t the Only Ones With Embarrassing Secrets in the Cloud
- 7 Smart Ways to Save on the Latest Smartphones
- Afraid of a Hack Attack? Here’s a Simple Way to Make Hackers’ Lives Harder and Yours Easier
- 5 Reasons Not to Search for Those Nude Celebrity Photos
The Associated Press reports…
Steven Sann, his wife Terry, son Nathan and accountant Robert Braach run a maze of nine companies engaged in “cramming, ” or adding unauthorized charges to a customer’s phone bill, according to a civil complaint filed this month by the Federal Trade Commission.
They’re accused of adding on charges to phone bills of people across the country. According to the lawsuit, the family kept switching companies every time someone grew suspicious: the list includes American eVoice, Emerica Media Corp., FoneRight, Global Voice Mail, HearYou2, Network Assurance, SecuratDat, Techmax Solutions and Voice Mail Professionals.
Steven Sann was also involved in medical marijuana operations, according to the article.