- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- New California Law Mandates Smartphone Kill Switch
- What Cable Mergers Might Mean for Your Television Service
- The Scary Way a Friend Request Can Lead to Identity Theft
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
The Associated Press reports…
Steven Sann, his wife Terry, son Nathan and accountant Robert Braach run a maze of nine companies engaged in “cramming, ” or adding unauthorized charges to a customer’s phone bill, according to a civil complaint filed this month by the Federal Trade Commission.
They’re accused of adding on charges to phone bills of people across the country. According to the lawsuit, the family kept switching companies every time someone grew suspicious: the list includes American eVoice, Emerica Media Corp., FoneRight, Global Voice Mail, HearYou2, Network Assurance, SecuratDat, Techmax Solutions and Voice Mail Professionals.
Steven Sann was also involved in medical marijuana operations, according to the article.