- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- Don’t Update Your iPhone Operating System (Yet)
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
- 3 Ways Your Kids Can Get You Hacked
- 8-Year-Old YouTube Star Makes $1.3 Million a Year
- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
The Associated Press reports…
Steven Sann, his wife Terry, son Nathan and accountant Robert Braach run a maze of nine companies engaged in “cramming, ” or adding unauthorized charges to a customer’s phone bill, according to a civil complaint filed this month by the Federal Trade Commission.
They’re accused of adding on charges to phone bills of people across the country. According to the lawsuit, the family kept switching companies every time someone grew suspicious: the list includes American eVoice, Emerica Media Corp., FoneRight, Global Voice Mail, HearYou2, Network Assurance, SecuratDat, Techmax Solutions and Voice Mail Professionals.
Steven Sann was also involved in medical marijuana operations, according to the article.