- Government Sues AT&T for Allegedly ‘Throttling’ Unlimited Data Customers
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- Is the iPhone 6 Worth Tearing Your Hair Out?
The Associated Press reports…
Steven Sann, his wife Terry, son Nathan and accountant Robert Braach run a maze of nine companies engaged in “cramming, ” or adding unauthorized charges to a customer’s phone bill, according to a civil complaint filed this month by the Federal Trade Commission.
They’re accused of adding on charges to phone bills of people across the country. According to the lawsuit, the family kept switching companies every time someone grew suspicious: the list includes American eVoice, Emerica Media Corp., FoneRight, Global Voice Mail, HearYou2, Network Assurance, SecuratDat, Techmax Solutions and Voice Mail Professionals.
Steven Sann was also involved in medical marijuana operations, according to the article.