- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in October
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- Don’t Update Your iPhone Operating System (Yet)
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
Best Buy released a too good to be true coupon [on Jan. 22]: Spend a $100 and save $50 automatically when you pay with a MasterCard credit card.
It was a free for all! People were getting gift cards for half the price, people were using the coupons over and over and over again and Best Buy was even letting the coupon work on products that rarely get discounted (the Apple TV, etc.). But it didn’t last forever.
The coupon was supposed to be valid for a week, but they restricted it to one use on one day after people were getting crazy deals like $1,600 in Amazon gift cards for $800. Yes: somebody left Best Buy with an $800 bill for a shopping spree at their competitor. Ouch.