- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
A new partnership between American Express and Twitter means good news for people who use both. A new program called Amex Sync will let them link their cards to their Twitter account, and then make purchases by sending specific messages with hashtags (keyword phrases with the # symbol in front).
To promote it, Amex will let you buy a $25 gift card for $15 if you link your accounts and tweet “#BuyAmexGiftCard25″ and then confirm your purchase. You can only get one this way, and the deal’s over March 3. Here are the instructions…
Sync your eligible American Express Card with Twitter at sync.americanexpress.com/twitter
Tweet the special product #hashtag (find the latest products available on the @AmericanExpress Favorites tab) and look for a response from @AmexSync containing a confirmation #hashtag.
Tweet the confirmation #hashtag within 15 minutes of the response from @AmexSync to confirm your purchase. Once your purchase is confirmed, your product will be shipped via free 2-day shipping.
Please note that if you do not Tweet the confirmation #hashtag within 15 minutes of the response from @AmexSync, you will need to Tweet the product #hashtag again if you would still like to purchase that item. If the product is not available at the time you Tweet the product #hashtag, you may be added to a waitlist or notified if the product is sold out.
Other deals will be available starting tomorrow afternoon, including the Amazon Kindle Fire HD for $150 (normally $200), the Sony Action Cam & Waterproof headband mount for $180 (usually that price without the accessory), and an Xbox 360 console with a three-month Xbox Live subscription for $180 (usually that price without the subscription).