- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- 5 Reasons to Take a Company Buyout (And Why You Might Think Twice)
- The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the US
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
Reuters reports that film stars get pretty much the best swag bags ever, even if they don’t win Sunday night…
Among the items in the gift bags are trips to Australia, Hawaii and Mexico, personal training sessions, condoms, a bottle of tequila, hand-illustrated tennis shoes, appointments for injectable fillers and “portion-controlled” dinnerware for those watching their figure, Distinctive Assets said in a statement.
… [It] also includes an under-the-counter water filtration system, acupuncture and aromatherapy sessions, a one-week stay at a fitness and weight-loss retreat and a one-year membership to London’s Heathrow Airport’s private VIP service.
Distinctive Assets is a marketing firm that has done this every year for over a decade. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which runs the Oscars, used to give out gift baskets too. But they stopped when Uncle Sam started frowning at them.
Celebs are expected to report the prizes as income and pay taxes on them.