- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
Reuters reports that film stars get pretty much the best swag bags ever, even if they don’t win Sunday night…
Among the items in the gift bags are trips to Australia, Hawaii and Mexico, personal training sessions, condoms, a bottle of tequila, hand-illustrated tennis shoes, appointments for injectable fillers and “portion-controlled” dinnerware for those watching their figure, Distinctive Assets said in a statement.
… [It] also includes an under-the-counter water filtration system, acupuncture and aromatherapy sessions, a one-week stay at a fitness and weight-loss retreat and a one-year membership to London’s Heathrow Airport’s private VIP service.
Distinctive Assets is a marketing firm that has done this every year for over a decade. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which runs the Oscars, used to give out gift baskets too. But they stopped when Uncle Sam started frowning at them.
Celebs are expected to report the prizes as income and pay taxes on them.