- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
Reuters reports that film stars get pretty much the best swag bags ever, even if they don’t win Sunday night…
Among the items in the gift bags are trips to Australia, Hawaii and Mexico, personal training sessions, condoms, a bottle of tequila, hand-illustrated tennis shoes, appointments for injectable fillers and “portion-controlled” dinnerware for those watching their figure, Distinctive Assets said in a statement.
… [It] also includes an under-the-counter water filtration system, acupuncture and aromatherapy sessions, a one-week stay at a fitness and weight-loss retreat and a one-year membership to London’s Heathrow Airport’s private VIP service.
Distinctive Assets is a marketing firm that has done this every year for over a decade. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which runs the Oscars, used to give out gift baskets too. But they stopped when Uncle Sam started frowning at them.
Celebs are expected to report the prizes as income and pay taxes on them.