- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- The Restless Project: She Has a Good Job, but Will She Have to Leave New Orleans?
[Wise Bread] We just did a story about bankruptcy (Bankruptcy is a Time of Celebration, Not Despair) and here’s an article about how to do it yourself in one day. With the cost of bankruptcy attorneys routinely exceeding $1,000, this advice may be critical for those in need.
[Bargain Babe] You pay $79 annually to be an Amazon Prime member, but for that you get free two-day shipping. Or do you? According to Bargain Babe, you still get free two-day shipping, but only if your order totals $25 or more.Lower-priced stuff, even if eligible for Prime, are now “Add-on” items, so they only ship free if added into an order of $25 or more. What a rip!
[Life Optimizer] I’m an early riser so I really liked this one. Why should you greet the dawn? More time to get things done, it’s better for your health, fulfilling dreams (more quiet time means more time to figure out how), more time to exercise…you get the picture.
[Wealthy Turtle] We’ve certainly covered this topic many times, in articles like 25 Simple Ways to Save an Extra $1,000. But it never hurts to see other people’s ideas. Theirs include cashing in coins, selling outgrown clothes, temporarily giving up restaurants, and getting a side job, among others.
[Marc and Angel Hack Life] Everyone wants to be happier – here are 10 reminders of how it happens. While there’s not a lot new here, it never hurts to refresh. Examples: “Be present in this moment,” “be ambitious enough to fail, and be OK with it,” “help others when you’re able,” and “let go of needless worries and old wounds.”