- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- Cold Is Coming: 10 Ways to Winterproof Right Now
- Government Sues AT&T for Allegedly ‘Throttling’ Unlimited Data Customers
- Monthly Bills That Can’t Help Your Credit, But Can Hurt It
[Wise Bread] Author Kentin Waits asks what amounts to a trick question with this post. His point is building an emergency fund isn’t such a great plan if you have other more pressing needs, like high-interest debt, a retirement fund, etc. Good point, Kentin. Check out the post for other things that take priority over a savings account.
[Mystic Madness] We ran a similar article a few months ago, but the advice is worth repeating, especially because it’s not rocket science. If you want people to like you: Smile, be optimistic, be helpful – you get the picture. But there are also techniques that might surprise you. For example, if you cross your arms while talking to someone and they don’t subconsciously mimic the gesture, they may be bored. Stop talking.
[Senior Money Memos] Another topic we occasionally cover, but this post offers some good advice. Things to consider include where to keep your will, who should be named in it, taxes, changing it after major life events – check out the post for more.
[Parenting Squad] Call me a toddler because I’d go on any of these dates: ice cream, exploring nature, coffee shop, people watching, or bookstores. Check out the post, however, for reasons why these are good destinations, as well as bonus ideas and ways to make it even less expensive.
[All Financial Matters] What does this post have to do with personal finance? Not a darn thing. I just thought it was interesting. You will too if you habitually go to the mall looking nervous, carrying big shopping bags, wearing roomy clothes, and otherwise acting suspiciously.