- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
This post comes from Logan Abbott, editor of the credit cards section of MyRatePlan.com.
IberiaBank is a lesser-known company that offers some unique credit cards with features you don’t see on other cards on the market. The IberiaBank Visa Gold cash-back card is a solid cash-back credit card with a low interest rate.
- Earn cash back. Cardholders earn 1 percent cash back for each dollar spent on all purchases. There is no cap on the amount of cash back one can earn.
- Low introductory interest rate on balance transfers. Cardholders receive a 1.99 percent introductory APR on balance transfers for six months.
- Travel accident insurance. The card offers up to $500,000 in travel accident insurance to all cardholders.
- Lower balance-transfer fee. The IberiaBank Visa Gold charges a 2 percent balance-transfer fee. The majority of credit cards charge 3 percent of the amount of the balance being transferred.
- Low ongoing APR. Cardholders can receive an ongoing APR as low as 8.25 percent based on their credit history and paying on time.
- No annual fee. There is no annual fee to use the card.
- No 0 percent balance-transfer introductory period. Although the card offers a 1.99 percent introductory APR period for six months on balance transfers, many other cards on the market offer longer periods with a 0 percent introductory APR.
- Foreign transaction fees. Although the card offers excellent travel accident insurance, it also charges a 2 percent foreign transaction fee.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and are looking for a solid cash-back rewards card with a low ongoing purchase APR.
Forget it if: Your credit isn’t great, you want more reward points or miles, or you want to make a big balance transfer.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.