- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
[Wealthy Turtle] This post suggests a couple of online programs for kids under 10 that will keep them learning, and having fun, all summer long. One is K5 Learning, the other ABCMouse.com. Check out the post for costs and reviews.
[The Digerati Life] Thinking about permanently going out on your own or getting a side gig? I’ve been self-employed for 32 years and working from home for more than 20, so I know something about this topic. So does this author. It’s good information.
[The Wisdom Journal] If you have a low credit score and are looking for a place to borrow, don’t read this article. That’s not what it’s about. It’s about something I’ve suggested in my writing: not becoming obsessed. Is your credit score important? Sure. But as this post points out, there are things in life that are way more significant.
[Three Thrifty Guys] Here in South Florida — as in many parts of the country — water is scarce and expensive. According to this article, some of the best ways to save include low-flow toilets, lawn sprinkling cycles and modern appliances. There are other ideas. See if there’s something you haven’t thought of.
[Wise Bread] Despite hosting dozens of Frugal Family Feast episodes, I’m no cook. So I was surprised to learn that when it comes to spices, we often aren’t getting what we’re paying for. And in some instances, we might even be getting ingredients that are not only fake, but dangerous. It’s a spicy post. Check it out.
What do you like?
We’re always in the hunt for talented personal finance writers and interesting sites. If you’ve got a favorite, let us know below or on our Facebook page! You can also talk to us about anything you’d like simply by hitting “reply” to your daily email update. (Not subscribed? Fix that right now!)