- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- 1 in 4 Jobs in the US Are Low-Paying
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
[Dough Roller] If you’re ready to buy a house but don’t have the down payment, tapping your retirement might be one way to get it. This post explains the pros and cons of taking money from a 401(k) or IRA to buy that first home.
[Financial Highway] The vast majority of articles you see on personal finance sites are about making or saving money. This one’s about protecting what you’ve got. Ideas range from umbrella insurance to “Don’t get too cocky.”
[The Frugal Model] In this post, model/blogger Ashley tackles the problem of women working in careers that pay less than male-dominated jobs. She suggests that women earn less than men because of values, job perception, confidence and negotiating skills. It’s an interesting read.
[Generation X Finance] The message behind this post: Where there’s a will, there’s a way. So how do you start a business with nothing? Here you’ll find suggestions for building a free website, building a social media following, and other ideas that can get you started on a shoestring.
[Wise Bread] From Arby’s to Verizon, here’s a list of dozens of deals for those with a little snow on the roof. (Can you guess why I was interested?) If you’re not over 50, you know someone who is. Share this list with them.
What do you like?
We’re always in the hunt for talented personal finance writers and interesting sites. If you’ve got a favorite, let us know below or on our Facebook page! You can also talk to us about anything you’d like simply by hitting “reply” to your daily email update. (Not subscribed? Fix that right now!)