- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
[Wise Bread] While none of these ideas are completely unique, they’re all much better than buying a tie. One of the best: “Make a video using old homemade favorites.”
[ConsumerAffairs.com] If there’s a must-read for Father’s Day, this is it. The best gifts to avoid sound like the perfect ones until you read up on them: flat-screen TVs and gas grills.
[Len Penzo] What’s the best present a father can give? Financial advice. The most important is the last one on Len Penzo’s list: “Always strive to spend less than you earn.”
[Bargaineering] We try so hard to save money, but what about the money we spend every month without thinking about it? The classic one is the gym membership, but there are others.
[The Consumerist] The best thing about this Consumer Reports-owned site is its alerts like this one: Be careful about junk mail that looks like a receipt. And they don’t just show up in your mailbox from fly-by-night firms. In this case, it’s AT&T.