Cinco de Mayo is about more than tequila and Mexican-themed dinner specials.
The date commemorates the Mexican army’s victory over France at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.
Now that you’ve had a little history lesson, the annual Cinco de Mayo celebration in the United States is also an opportunity to embrace your spicy side and partake in Mexican-themed food and drink specials like these:
- Sonic: Enjoy half-price boneless wings (six and 12 pieces only) at Sonic on May 5.
- Taco Time: Grab a crisp taco for a mere 69 cents all day on May 5.
- TGI Friday’s: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Friday’s with $4 shots of Sauza Blue tequila and $5 for 23-ounce Dos Equis drafts.
- Carl’s Jr.: You can score a free burrito el diablo with this BOGO coupon.
- Taco Bueno: Party Tacos are half price (59 cents) all day on May 5. Click here for locations.
- On the Border: The Mexican-style cantina chain is offering a whole host of Cinco de Mayo deals, including: 14-ounce house margaritas for $4; Dos Equis and Corona Light draft or bottles for $3 and a variety of Cinco shots for $2 to $4. Click here to find an On the Border restaurant near you.
- Taco Cabana: Enjoy happy hour on May 5 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with $1.50 margaritas or a small nacho and margarita combo for $3. Taco Cabana is also giving away free breakfast tacos for “Seis de Hangover” May 6-8. Click here for the coupon. To find a Taco Cabana near you, click here.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Celebrate “Cinco de Moes” on May 5 with free T-shirts and $5 burritos at participating locations. Click here to find the nearest Moe’s.
- Chili’s: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with $3 beers and $5 margaritas at Chili’s.
How do you plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.